The Justice Committee and Allies Working Group has identified these priorities going forward.
- Alaska prisons and jails.
- Reopening jails and prisons to the public for family visitation, rehabilitative and treatment programs, and in-person meetings with legal counsel.
- Protecting the health and safety of those in custody during the current COVID pandemic.
- Long term goals would address prison reform dealing with medical treatment, mental health wellness and overcrowding.
- Policing and law enforcement.
- Establishing a Community Police Advisory Board.
- Regulating the use of body worn cameras by law enforcement.
- Creating standards and investigative review of use-of-force by police officers.
- Advocate for the removal of barriers to effective misconduct investigation and civilian oversight from Police contracts.