To assert the Constitutional Rights of African Americans.
- By actively involving the Caucus in the decision making processes in the community as a contributing partner with decision-makers and representative bodies affecting the lives and livelihoods of African Americans.
- By actively supporting and working in areas which help to advance the educational, cultural, political, and economic well-being of the African American community.
- By acting as a liaison and coordinating entity for the various minority interests within the community and State.
- By making available accurate and timely information on relevant issues and areas of concern to minority people and their progressive supporters.
- By creating awareness that the struggle to achieve total equality has not yet been achieved.
- By emphasizing the ever-increasing need for African Americans and minorities to make renewed attempts toward attaining these goals.
Re-light the torch of the Alaska Black Caucus for the new generation in order to meet the challenges of the 21st century.