Alaska Black Caucus COVID-19 Vaccine Position Statement
We recognize and understand that there are fears in the Black community regarding the COVID-19 vaccine. Our goal is to ensure you make an empowered and educated decision regarding receiving or not receiving this immunization. We strongly recommend that you receive this vaccine since people in our community have been disproportionately affected by COVID-19. We see this as a way to protect our people, our businesses, and our legacy.
We encourage you to seek COVID-19 resources that are rooted in science and not fear.
Some places to look include:
The Health Committee is currently seeking a Co-Chair. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries and referrals.
- work to promote, protect and maintain the health of Black Americans;
- assess the health needs of the people of color community;
- advocate for equal access to health education, care, treatment and research for people of color;
- sponsor health-related activities such as health forums, fairs and workshops highlighting issues of importance to Black people; and
- support health initiatives of the Alaska Black Caucus.
The Health Committee aims to promote, protect and maintain the health of Black Alaskans through advocacy, education and research.